Meet your new favorite app. It couldn’t be easier to make, but it’s oh-so impressive. Cheese with fruit and spices is the ultimate combination of sweet, savory and spicy. Slathered with honey, it’s the perfect accompaniment for pita bread or crackers.
Pro Tip: To switch things up or make this dish seasonal, use fresh berries or sliced figs instead of oranges.
- 8 ounces Feta cheese
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme, divided
- 1 orange, peeled, segmented and chopped
- Black pepper to taste (optional)
- Toasted bread or crackers for garnish
- Move oven rack to the middle position and preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Place feta in an 8-inch stainless steel skillet; top with honey. Sprinkle with half of the thyme. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Move oven rack to 3-4 inches from the broiler and preheat broiler. Spoon honey from the bottom of pan over the cheese. Broil for 1-2 minutes or until the top begins to brown. Remove from heat. Top with orange segments, remaining thyme, and a sprinkle of black pepper, if desired. Serve warm in the skillet with crackers or bread.
Yield: 6-8 servings
Prep and Cook Time: 20 minutes