Everyone needs one of those perfect pasta salad recipes that you can bring anywhere and customize to whatever veggies you have on hand. This one is it. Loaded with broccoli, tomatoes and feta cheese, this dish is hearty enough for a light lunch or a great side dish (hello, potluck!). And if you’d like, substitute any short pasta for the fusilli.
Pro Tip: To make this more of a main dish, add grilled chicken or shrimp into the mix before serving. Instant crowd pleaser.
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 12 ounces fusilli pasta (4 cups)
- ⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 cups small broccoli florets
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 ½ cups crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 8” American Kitchen Stainless Steel Skillet or Saucier
- 12” American Kitchen Stainless Steel Skillet
- Large Bowl
- Small Bowl
- Heat 8-inch American Kitchen skillet or saucier over medium heat. Add pine nuts and cook 3 minutes or until light brown and fragrant, stirring often. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and cool to room temperature. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil in a 12-inch American Kitchen skillet over medium-high heat. Add broccoli. Sauté 4 minutes or until beginning to char. Remove from heat and add broccoli to pasta.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, honey, mustard, salt, orange zest, and black pepper; slowly whisk in remaining ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil. Add to pasta with tomatoes, feta, and parsley; toss gently to combine. Serve garnished with reserved pine nuts.
Yield: About 10 cups
Serving Size: 1-2 cups
Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes