Three words…Best. Dessert. Ever! This skillet cookie is as decadent as they come but couldn’t be easier. Your secret weapon? American Kitchen’s 12” stainless steel skillet. It’s the perfect vessel for making this cookie ooey gooey and oh-so delicious. If you can handle it, serve it with a scoop of ice cream.
Pro Tip: You do you! Customize your cookie by substituting pistachios for walnuts or pecans and white chocolate for dark or milk chocolate.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Mix-ins (or substitute your own!)
- ½ cup white chocolate chunks or chips
- ½ cup chopped dried apricots
- ¼ cup chopped pistachios
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 12” American Kitchen Stainless Steel Skillet
- Large Bowl
- Electric Mixer
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Beat butter and sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat until combined.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture and mix just until combined.
- Stir in white chocolate, apricots, pistachios and cranberries.
- Press dough into a 12-inch American Kitchen stainless skillet lightly coated with cooking spray, covering the bottom of pan in an even layer. Bake 25 minutes or until set and golden brown.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Cut into wedges and enjoy.
Yield: 8-12 servings
Serving Size: 1 slice
Prep and Cook Time: 40 minutes