Love getting Thai takeout? Make it at home! With spiced coconut milk, cilantro, onion and lime, tender braised chicken gets a curry kick. With freshly toasted naan, your kitchen table is now the best seat in the house.
Pro Tip: Make it a complete meal by serving this with rice or couscous.
- 2 tablespoons Thai green curry paste
- 1-2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 (13.5 oz) can coconut milk, divided
- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 2 ½ pounds)
- 1 tablespoons canola or coconut oil
- ½ lime
- 3 pieces naan
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- Thinly sliced red onion, for garnish (optional)
- Lime wedges, for garnish (optional)
- 12” American Kitchen Stainless Steel or Nonstick Casserole Pan
- 8” American Kitchen Nonstick Skillet
- Food Processor (or emersion blender)
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in center position.
- Combine the curry paste, chili garlic sauce, ¾ teaspoon salt, ginger, and ½ cup coconut milk in a food processor. Blend until it becomes a smooth paste; set aside.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels, then season with remaining salt.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch stainless steel or nonstick casserole pan over medium heat. Add the chicken skin-side down and cook 7 minutes, or until golden brown. Transfer the chicken to a plate. Drain fat and return pan to heat.
- Add curry/coconut milk mixture to pan; cook, stirring 1 minute or until fragrant. Stir in remaining coconut milk, stirring to loosen up any browned bits on bottom of pan, and bring to a simmer.
- Return chicken to the pan, skin-side up, in a single layer. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until sauce is bubbling and chicken is done. Remove from heat and let cool 5 minutes.
- While chicken is cooling, heat a 8” nonstick skillet over medium heat. Using a paper towel, spread a thin layer of vegetable oil or coconut oil over bottom of skillet. Add a piece of naan and toast 1 minute per side or until warm and beginning to brown. Repeat with remaining pieces of naan.
- Squeeze half a lime over chicken in pan, top with garnishes as desired and serve with toasted naan.
Yield: 6 servings
Serving size: 1 chicken thigh, about 3 tablespoons sauce, ½ piece naan
Prep and Cook Time: 50 minutes